- Choose a well established experienced Insurance Broker who has Landlord focussed experience. It’s a good sign if they ask plenty of relevant questions about your property, it’s tenancy(ies), previous claims and your insurance history to date
- Check the Brokers website and be satisfied that they specialise in investment property insurance
- Talk to a Broker staff member who is savvy about your business and ask specific questions so that you are comfortable that they do have sufficient knowledge
- Disclose ALL of your previous claims on any property for the period requested
- Disclose any known issues which may affect the insurers’ acceptance of the risk
- Be descriptive in relation to the construction of your property and include detail of any flat roof or non-standard elements
- Be aware of your responsibilities in relation to fire safety and tenant welfare at your property
- Ensure you insure your property with a financially secure A-Rated Insurer
- Ask plenty of questions of your Broker to ensure you’re happy that they understand rental property insurance and the policy they are recommending
- Pay your premium on time and renew your policy on or before renewal date to avoid any subsequent claim being declined
Insure your property with a Broker who has the experience of placing Investment Property risks on a daily basis and who knows the intricacies of being a Landlord and can advise you accordingly. Don’t be guided by price alone, have an experienced Landlord Broker behind you as well as quality insurance cover with a secure Insurer…you’ll be thankful when that first claim arrives..
Click here to fill in our Contact Us form or call us now on 01 824 5555.